Friday, May 21, 2010

Here On Earth in Bayfield!

Many of us trooped over to Wild Rice Restaurant in Bayfield after our live broadcast of Here on Earth last Friday, where I gave a reading and signed copies of my memoir, I Hear Voices. It was a spectacular setting at the end of a perfect spring day, looking out over Lake Superior and the Northwoods in bloom. Since I spotted so many people in the audience holding wine glasses, I decided to read an excerpt from the chapter in the book entitled “Get Thee to a Winery.” It wasn’t until later that I discovered that people in the back rows had a hard time hearing me. Al Chechik, who owns Artesian House, complained that the only words he heard were “purple bikini.” I left him a book with the inscription, “Going beyond purple bikini.”




No comments: