Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Day in the Life of Your Local Cheese Maker

Thursday, Aug. 21, 2008

Thanks to Kevin who responded to my call for help on this week's Food Friday, we're going to be doing a program about local cheese-making with two of the best in the trade - Felix Thalhammer (Capri cheese) and Mary Falk (LoveTree Farm) way up in Grant County where she has to chase the wolves away from her sheep. Odd thing is all three of the Wisconsin cheese makers we contacted either have injuries or are ailing - hazards of the trade - we'll pursue that theme tomorrow. And thanks, Kevin! Looks like this blog stuff is actually working, now that I've caught on to it. Anybody else out there with suggestions for food topics with an international twist, by all means, keep those cards and letters coming.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jean, I'm delighted to help. Can't wait until tomorrow's show! (And as it's almost three, it's time for me to switch the radio on for today's program.)
Kevin
P.S. Your blog must be on Pacific time!

Here On Earth said...

Hey Kevin, it turns out we're being auditioned by XM Satellite Radio tomorrow for possible syndication. I want the program to be really special. Any ideas?

Anonymous said...

Jean, that's wonderful news! And don't worry, your food fridays have always been superb. (I've always enjoyed most your programs about poetry and food. I wonder if that says something about me?) Hopefully your guests will like to describe the unique flavors of their cheeses. If at all possible, find some in Madison for a studio tasting. You and your producer could sample cheeses with over-the-air commentary. What a hoot!
Listening, whenever and as often as I can,
Kevin